Kiawah Cares works to improve the quality of life of our Sea Island neighbors through community partnerships.
Kiawah Cares partners with charitable organizations, churches, schools and businesses to address social issues such as education, employment, health, housing, transportation, exposure to arts and recreation, and the needs of seniors and veterans. We will contribute time, knowledge and financial support, serving as volunteers, mentors, advisors and sponsors in numerous opportunities throughout the community.
- Knowledge of the social issues and cultures of our neighbors.
- Building trust with the people of the Sea Islands.
- Recognition of the rights of all individuals to mutual respect; acceptance of others without biases.
- Commitment to service and inclusiveness.
- Accountability to our donors and partners.
- Adherence to our mission and vision.
- Observance of integrity and ethical behavior.
- Creation of a culture of rewarding volunteerism.
Code of Ethics
- We will work with personal and professional integrity.
- We will adhere to our mission, vision and values.
- We will operate in legal compliance and accordance with our governance model.
- We will exercise responsible stewardship of resources and financial oversight
- We will evaluate programs and operating processes and continually grow and improve.
- We will employ integrity in fundraising and/or grant-making.